There is no denying the fact that cardiovascular diseases are the leading cause of disease burden and deaths globally. And you will be surprised to know that India’s burden of non-communicable diseases (NCDs) is escalating like never before. Hence, it is more than important to keep your heart healthy. Here are a few ways to keep your heart in great shape –
- Avoid salt – Salt can increase your blood pressure, which will increase your risk of suffering from heart disease or stroke. Hence, you should cut down your salt intake by trying not to use any salt. Also, avoid processed food because it has both salt and sugar.
- Limit saturated fat – Eating too much saturated fat can increase your overall cholesterol levels. Hence, it is good to switch to semi-skimmed milk as well as low-fat dairy foods. Also, add fresh fruits and vegetable that are rich in soluble fiber.
- Quit smoking – Smoking is one of the main causes of heart disease. Indeed, according to a report, smokers are almost twice as likely to have a heart attack compared with those who have never smoked. Hence, make it a point to quit smoking as can damage the lining of your arteries.
- Get more exercise – In order to stay fit and keep your heart healthy, you need to get at least 150 minutes of moderate-intensity activity a week. It will significantly reduce your risk of developing heart disease. You can take brisk 30-minute walk everyday to keep your heart in the best shape. Stay strong and keep moving…
- Control your weight and stress – Yes, both stress and weight can increase the chances of getting coronary heart disease. Hence, eat less sugar and saturated fat as well as try to manage your stress. Also, it makes sense to track your progress and measure your gains.
So, follow the above-mentioned ways and helpful tips to keep your heart healthy and strong. You can start doing today…Besides that, modern pharmaceutical manufacturing companies produce high quality medicines that can significantly lower your blood pressure and improve your heart’s overall functionality.