Throat infection is quite common these days. People often have scratchy feeling in their throat, which is known as throat infection. Most of the time, throat infection is caused by many environment factors right from pollution to dry air. In modern cities, due to poor air quality, people experience sore throat and other breathing problems on a daily basis.
Some of the most common symptoms of sore throat –
- Burning sensation
It also hurts when you talk or swallow.
According to some doctors, there are many causes of sore throat, such as –
- Cold or viral infection – According to a study, viruses cause about 90% of sore throats. Whether you are suffering from the common cold or measles, you will experience sore throat.
- Bacterial infections – Bacterial infections can also cause sore throats. When neglected, it may cause trouble.
- Allergies – Sometimes certain types of allergies trigger throat infection. People not only feel congested nose, but also dry throat.
You must see your doctor…
Hence, you should not ignore throat infection. You must see your doctor, if you are having burning sensation, prolonged throat dryness, hoarseness, wheezing, severe infection and irritation or gastroesophageal reflux disease.
Most of the time after checking tonsils and oropharynx, doctors recommend tonsillitis tablets or tonsils infection tablets based on the condition of the patient.
Home remedies for a sore throat –
- Gargle with warm salt water.
- Diluted peppermint oil sprays may relieve sore throats.
- Avoid spicy or acidic foods.
- You can also take several over-the-counter treatment options (antihistamines and pain relievers).
- Apple cider vinegar can help stop bacteria from spreading.
- Wash your hands often.
An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.